Start your career where legends are born.
Harold Burson’s values and contributions will always be at the heart of BCW, which would not exist today without the firm he founded and grew. His presence, which will never fade, will always remind us to work harder and smarter for our clients, to push for excellence in everything we do, to have each other’s backs and always to strive for greatness. That is what the Harold Burson Summer Internship is all about.
The Harold Burson Summer Internship (HBSI) is a 10-week, paid summer internship for current juniors and seniors graduating in May/June 2024. The program runs from June through August at our U.S. BCW offices. Interns work across our hybrid agency environment with team members and leadership to gain experience in integrated communications across media relations, brand and corporate reputation, public affairs, healthcare, technology, digital integration, creative, strategy, research and grassroots.
Positions with our North America headquarters team, where you will learn the ins and outs of managing the agency business with our new business development, marketing communications, DEI and brand experience teams, are available as well.
Our BCW U.S. offices: Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Pittsburgh, San Francisco and Washington, D.C.
Download the fact sheet and sign up below to learn more.
- Now until January 31
- December 7 to February 2
Application Period Open
- February 5 to April 15
Interviewing and Hiring
- June 3 to August 9
Step 1 - Recruiting:
- Learn more about BCW and the Harold Burson Summer Internship at career fairs, class visits, PRSSA chapter visits, in-office visits and informational interviews.
- Reach out to us at [email protected]. if you'd like to arrange a class visit, time with your PRSSA chapter, in-office visits or an informational interview.
Step 2 - Application Period Open:
- Get ready to submit your application by preparing your:
- Cover Letter
- 500-Word Essay Response
Step 3 - Interviewing and Hiring:
- Our People Team will review applications, conduct phone interviews, writing tests and final interviews with our client service teams before making offers to our final candidates
Step 4: The Harold Burson Summer Internship runs!
HAROLD Intern Perspectives
HAROLD APPLICATION FAQS
- Who is eligible to apply?
- Current juniors and June 2024 graduates may apply.
- Does it matter when I apply?
- We will not review the applications until the deadline so don’t feel pressured to complete it immediately.
- Will I be disqualified if I forget to submit a portion of the application?
- Unfortunately, yes. Attention to detail is key in our industry.
- Can I choose which city and practice I want?
- Yes, you can choose your top three practice areas and location in order of interest.
- This internship will follow BCW’s eight days/month in the office hybrid model so you will be expected to be in the location of the office you are tied to.