JOHANNESBURG, April 7, 2020 – BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe), a leading global communications agency, has scooped four Gold Awards and five Certificates of Excellence at the 2020 SABRE Awards Africa. The winners were selected from among more than 150 entries from across the region.
Robyn de Villiers, Chairman and CEO, BCW Africa commented, “It is at times like these that recognition is all the more important. I want to thank our teams for their hard work and dedication to our people, to our business and importantly to our clients. I also want to take this opportunity to recognise the clients we work for, whose trust in us and partnership with us is what allows us to do such great work that gets recognised by the industry. We are very pleased to share these honours with our clients.”
The African SABRE Awards, now in their fourth year, are organised by Provoke (previously known as The Holmes Report) as part of its global SABRE program, which has a 30-year heritage and recognises the best public relations campaigns from around the world (including competitions in North America, EMEA, the Asia-Pacific and Latin America).
The full listing of BCW honours is:
- NORTHERN AFRICA: Knowing which way the wind blows — Siemens Gamesa with BCW Africa (South Africa)
- CRISIS/ISSUES MANAGEMENT: Pharma Students Demonstrate — United States International University – Africa (USIU_A) with Engage BCW (Kenya)
- PUBLIC EDUCATION: Restating the Obvious — ARS - COREVIH with Blast BCW (Mauritius)
- MEDIA, ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT: Cartoon Network Soccer Superfan — WarnerMedia with BCW Africa (South Africa)
CERTIFICATES OF EXCELLENCE
- BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS MARKETING: Knowing which way the wind blows — Siemens Gamesa with BCW Africa (South Africa)
- CORPORATE IMAGE: Bringing Good Times from a Good Place — Pernod Ricard with BCW Africa (South Africa)
- MARKETING TO CONSUMERS (NEW PRODUCT): Boomerang Tunes — WarnerMedia with BCW Africa (South Africa)
- MEDIA, ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT: Long Live the Bat! — WarnerMedia with BCW Africa (South Africa)
- NOT FOR PROFIT/CHARITIES: Pharma Students Demonstrate — United States International University – Africa (USIU_A) with Engage BCW (Kenya)
BCW Africa recently launched the #StayINReachOUT initiative, which asks each one of us to identify a personal circle of contacts and commit to reaching out to them regularly, while we are all staying at home. You can share your stories at the Facebook page here or on Instagram here.
About BCW Africa
BCW Africa is a truly African agency with a leading global parent and a 30-year heritage of partnership with clients, staff and its extended team. Johannesburg-based BCW boasts an unparalleled reach across Africa through BCW Africa, our network of affiliates across the continent, and international best practice, expertise and a global footprint through BCW globally. Our African network, which covers 50+ African countries, is based on partnerships which span more than two decades with local agencies highly regarded in their markets.