More About Cameron Angus
As an Account Director for BCW Sports, Cameron leads the North American work alongside sports governing bodies and cities.
He advises many international sports organisations on the design and development of strategic and communication efforts, including for the the likes of FIFA, FINA, IIHF, IOC and World Athletics. He also has extensive bidding experience, providing support to multiple FIFA World Cup bids, the German Football Association’s bid for Euro 2024, Saudi Arabia's bid for the AFC Asian Cup in 2027, and the bid of Aigle/Martigny for the 2020 UCI Road World Championships.
In addition to support to governing bodies, Cameron has also worked alongside a number of sports cities and regions, including the City of Edmonton on the development of a city hosting strategy, and the Dubai Sports Council on the evaluation of their sports events, and the City of Lausanne on IF engagement.
Further to client work, Cameron has delivered presentations on the role of hosting strategy and communications to Masters students of Hogeschool von Amsterdam (Business and Economics Faculty) and International Centre of Sports Studies (FIFA Master).
Cameron is a graduate of University of Durham, where he studied Politics, and has an International Master in Management, Law and Humanities of Sport (FIFA Master). Cameron was formerly based in Lausanne, Switzerland, and relocated to BCW's Headquarters in New York in 2022.
In the News
- Host city - what’s your 'Sweet Spot'?BCW Topics, May 16, 2023
- What can the sports world learn from Jake Paul?BCW Topics, April 5, 2023
- Repeat events: a true win-win for host cities and rights-holdersBCW Topics, January 10, 2023
- Engaging your audience outside of events - Make the ordinary, extraordinaryBCW Topics, June 30, 2022
- Three things to remember when planning the legacy of your sporting eventBCW Topics, April 1, 2022