London, 7 January 2019: Responding to the imminent threat of the UK leaving the EU without a Brexit deal, BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe) London today is launching a ‘No-Deal Hotline.’ The hotline will provide political consultancy and crisis communications support to enable businesses and other organisations to plan for the impact of a ‘No-Deal’ Brexit, and to engage government directly in the scenario of a no-deal.
The No-Deal Hotline will be handled by a team of political and crisis communications experts in BCW’s London office and is headed by Nick Williams, Managing Director, Issues and Public Affairs and PRCA Board Member.
The No-Deal Hotline will provide rapid response to the latest Brexit developments as well as a variety of other bespoke services, including:
- Facilitating engagement at the highest levels of government regarding strategic planning and execution of a No-Deal Brexit
- Strategic communications advice for communicating ‘no-deal’ to key stakeholders
- Crisis communications preparedness and contingency planning around ‘no-deal’ scenarios
- Internal communications consultation to prepare businesses to communicate to staff around breakdowns in supply chains, temporary or permanent closures of offices or factories and other damage to their ability to operate
- A full suite of media training for CEOs and other spokespeople who will face significant public pressure over the potential disruption to key services across a variety of sectors.
The BCW hotline can be reached by any business or organisation that requires short-term consultancy support in the next 82 days before Brexit (March 29th) and for the period following that in a No-Deal situation.
BCW London will leverage the political insight of its public affairs team, which includes former parliamentarians, advisers to two prime ministers, journalists and award-winning communications professionals.
Commenting on the announcement, Williams said: “The risk of a No-Deal Brexit is rising every day. The Government has started to invest heavily for a No-Deal scenario, which will create an extremely challenging environment for businesses everywhere. This is why BCW London will be leading the way in advising clients on how to approach this challenge from a communications perspective, in terms of both preparation and in the event of a No-Deal.”
The No-Deal Hotline, in operation from today, can be reached on +44 7557 313 691, or, alternatively email [email protected].